1/4/11

Garden Dressing

I've always loved the salad at Olive Garden restaurants, and it has much to do with their dressing. When I purchased a bottle at the restaurant to take home, I wasn't surprised to see sugar as an ingredient. I looked for "clone" recipes online, and eventually developed my own, more healthy, variation from the ones I liked best. This will likely taste different in a side-by-side test with Olive Garden dressing, but I like how it ended up and I've been asked to post it by those who have tried it.
  • 1/2 c olive oil
  • 1/4 c white vinegar
  • 2 T lemon juice
  • 1/3 c light mayonnaise
  • 4 T grated romano cheese
  • 1 t salt
  • 1/2 t garlic powder
  • 1 t Italian herb seasoning
  • 1/2 t dry mustard powder
  • 1 t honey
Mix all ingredients thoroughly in a food processor or blender. Makes about 1 cup.

Serve the desired amount of dressing on a salad made with romaine, thin sliced onions, sliced sweet peppers, sliced carrots, black olives, pepperoncini, and any other fresh veggies you desire.

No comments:

Post a Comment